To ensure you get the most out of your soy candle and enjoy it from start to finish, follow these simple steps:
1 .When lighting your Lush Soy Candle for the first time, do not extinguish the candle until the wax melts across entire surface to the sides of glassware (this will help prevent tunnelling and creates an even burn for the duration of the candle’s ‘life’) Depending on your environment, this may take anywhere from 2-4 hours.
2. Trim the wick to 5 mm before each burn. (Super important!) This will promote an even burn, steady flame and will help limit sooting/mushrooming of wick.
3. If soot forms on the inside of your glassware, simply extinguish your candle and wait for it to cool. Then wipe with a clean damp cloth or paper towel. Trim the wick and relight.
4.Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
5. Always extinguish your Lush Soy Candle with a snuffer, or dip the wick into melted wax. Do not blow out the flame.
6. Eliminate draughts from your environment where possible. Draughts decrease burn time, cause uneven burning, increased smoking and diminish scent throw.
7. An efficient burning means flame is not flickering, is teardrop shaped and standing upright.
8. If you candle begins to smoke, flicker or the candle flame becomes too high; extinguish your candle at once. These signs indicate the candle is not burning properly and the flame isn't controlled. Let your candle cool, trim the wick, then check for draughts before re-lighting.
9.Maximise your scent throw by keeping windows and doors closed. For maximum fragrance keep your environment closed up, light your candle and burn in desired space for 30 mins before entering.
10.Always store your Lush Soy Candle in a cool, dark and dry place.
11.Avoid placing your Lush Soy Candle where it will be directly exposed to sunlight or harsh indoor lighting, such as a spotlights. Exposure to these may cause discolouring of your candle.